I was just wondering, some of the smaller innovations Google can do (a few of them might be coming out of beta):
- Provide the option to create templates and Mail Merge
- Threads – Option to remove them.
- While replying, subject field should be made visible by default.
- Forward – allowed from individual email. Should be given at top-level so that multiple msgs can be selected and forwarded.
- Mimic folder structure from drive (currently functionality provided via labels) AND let people create rule to move messages to those folders rather than automated tabs.
- Out of Office to people other than contacts / groups.
- Option to select who can see me online in the embedded chat in Gmail.
- Windows App for Google Search.
- Extend it to the internet of things. I tag my things and enter those in alerts. Search for those tags (location).
- Credit to original content sources.
- Notification about bad links.
- Checklists or help for new businesses that are just starting out.
- Periodic reports with advice on improving areas like mobile or page speed.
- Speech keyword recognition from hangouts and then showing targeted ads.
- Extend Energy sense to provide power usage dashboard for each device.
- Allow users to type through desktop / laptop keyboards into Android screens